Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

nike air max flyknit kopen

Interesting Navigation Equipment Interesting Navigation Equipment May 27 asics gel lyte 5 pas cher , 2013 | Author: Carey Bourdier | Posted in Education
While you can certainly navigate a boat or ship using modern sonar, depth finders and radar, there are many pieces of equipment that can help you sail the seas and yet require no electricity. While many of these navigational instruments were invented hundreds of years earlier, they are still used today, albeit production quality has improved and the designs are sometimes a bit more complicated.

The alidade is an interesting piece of navigational equipment. This instrument is used to locate distant objects. Once you have found the object, you use the line of site to perhaps measure the angle of the object from another specific point of reference. These instruments have been used for centuries to help create oceanic and land maps. Foresters and firefighters use alidades to pinpoint the location of a fire in a vast forest.

Another tool often used for navigation is the three-arm protractor. This device is often used to help plot the position of a ship on navigational charts, and thus it is often transparent to allow viewing of the map or chart beneath it. The central arm is fixed in place and the other two arms can rotate. This device was invented in the early 19th century and is still used today by navigators.

Different types of compasses also are found on ships. While there are many types of computerized or electronic forms of navigational equipment on board ships today, all ships still have high quality compasses. A high quality surveyor’s compass, for example asics gel lyte 3 blanche femme , can be an essential tool to use if one’s electrical system ceases to function and the watercraft is stranded at sea.

The first sextant was created by astronomer John Bird in the 1750s, although designs for the device appear several decades early. The sextant is still used today, although those created today have accuracy of 10 seconds of arc or better. One uses the sextant to measure the angles between two celestial objects, and this calculation can be used to find Greenwich Time. Knowing Greenwich Time allows a navigator to pinpoint the longitude of their ship. Typically, measurements are taken at night and the navigator uses the position of the moon in relation to a planet or a star.

Of course binoculars are another useful tool when one is at sea, but these days, there are extremely high-powered binoculars that you can mount onto the boat deck. A mounted binocular system typically includes the binocular, the pedestal that attaches to the deck and a carriage assembly so that you can move the binocular easily.

Carey Bourdier loves writing reviews on precision scientific instruments. For more information about navigation instruments like a surveyor compass, or to find other surveying instruments like compass tripod asics gel lyte 3 rose femme , please check out the WarrenKnight site today.

Jacob deGrom Still Not Feeling Very Comfortable On The Mound - RealGM Wiretap

Jacob deGrom has been effective, but he's still not feeling as good as he did on the mound last season.

"I'm still not feeling very comfortable on the mound," deGrom said. "My front side is still not getting up where I want it to. But I kept us in that ballgame. That was my main goal. They say this is a pretty tough place to pitch, but overall I felt decent."

deGrom has been pitching with lower velocity this season and has struggled with his mechanics, but he has a 2.50 ERA through six starts.

"When I go out there, I go out there with what I've got," deGrom said. "During the game, you can't think about it too much. You take what you've got out there and do what you can with it. That's kind of what I did today. My secondary pitches weren't great. They were hitting some balls hard right at people. I got fortunate there."

Cubs Looking For Starting Pitching - RealGM Wiretap

The Chicago Cubs are looking to add a starting pitcher well ahead of the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline.

The club is looking into a wide range of options, according to a source.

Chicago has reached out to a number of clubs asics gel lyte 3 snowflake acheter , among them the New York Mets and Los Angeles Angels, in search of a match.

Raul Ibanez Signs Deal With Angels - RealGM Wiretap

Veteran outfielder Raul Ibanez has agreed to a one-year deal with the Angels, according to an ESPN report on Friday.

Multiple reports previously said the deal is for a $2.75M base salary and includes incentives that could increase the payout to $5M.

How Smartphone App Takes Real Time Tracking To A New Level How Smartphone App Takes Real Time Tracking To A New Level December 23, 2013 | Author: Kenya Saab | Posted in Management

Commercial fleet GPS tracking involves the real time monitoring of fleets by means of a GPS enabled device. Accurate data is provided with regards to the exact vehicle location to a main computer system accessed with a unique smartphone application. Advances in technology have taken such methods to a new level allowing for better management practice and productivity.

The application has been created for compatibility with a smartphone and tablet. It provides a number of modern features where the user will be able to easily and efficiently monitor the position of vehicles. A number of solutions are provided to aid in detecting the speed and altitude of the vehicles throughout the day.

One of the benefits of such applications is the affordability and efficiency it offers when identifying vehicle locations. Such programs will run in the background and do not have to be opened in order to track an automobile. The simplicity ease of installation makes it a suitable choice for use on smartphones.

The advantages include a lower cost, ease of installation, greater levels of security and accuracy when it comes to monitor.